Updated: Mar 8
We caught up with Tisha Lin, Empowered Relationship Coach, Author, Speaker, Yogi, Guided Meditation Leader, CBD Educator, Wife, Mother, and so much more. We get to know her a bit better in this interview. She connects with clients worldwide and embraces all.
1. Tell us a little something about you. Breakdowns can lead to rebuilding ourselves stronger and better. Over the years, I've had numerous challenges with my health and relationships that have taught me this very lesson and inspired me to train in holistic health, yoga, meditation, and personal transformation. I love to teach everything that I learn because there are universal themes that we all share. I especially love raising my daughter with skills that I did not learn at her young age. At heart, I am also a writer and am excited to be working on my second book focused on ERC© Empowered Relationship Coaching.
2. Most people we encounter are on their second or third career. Who were you before who you are today? After I graduated from college, I began to climb the corporate ladder and went on to receive my MBA in Marketing. I soon realized I no longer wanted to climb. I wanted to create. I wanted to coach and positively impact people's lives. I was also living in New York City and enjoyed my dynamic city life until high stress and burnout prompted me to trade in for a calmer pace and healthier environment.
3. Did the pandemic change the course of your business? Elaborate.
We closed the physical doors of our beloved wellness center in Panama and moved to beautiful Colorado at the end of 2019. I then began shifting my work more to the online space. Fortunately for me, the pandemic did not necessarily change the course of my business, but continued to expand my reach because I work with my clients virtually across the globe. While I have greatly missed in-person contact, I embrace being online and connecting with many wonderful people around the world.
4. Tell us everything you want us to know about your business.
Relationships are like a marathon, not a sprint. It's unlikely that you would show up on the day of the big event without having done any training and preparation beforehand. However, this is how many of us step into our relationship because society at large doesn't promote this high level of intentionality and training in our relationships. ERC© teaches you how to use the most important tool in a relationship -- Communication. Communication is the foundation. And much like a house, without a solid foundation, it's that much harder to build something strong on top. When the groundwork is missing, over time, small cracks can develop that lead to pain and suffering or total collapse of the relationship's structure. However, not all communication is the same. Intentional communication is a skill, and like most skills, it needs to be learned, practiced, and mastered. It makes all the difference in any relationship and supports it to go the distance with the most amount of joy and peace. While we don't typically learn how to communicate in this format during our childhood years, it is a critical skill that we can definitely learn as adults. ERC© Empowered Relationship Coaching is for you if: • You have ever felt attacked in an argument • You have felt that you’ve been treated unfairly by another • You do not feel seen, heard, or understood by your partner or others • You avoid difficult issues and confrontation in your relationship • You’re afraid to bring up issues with your partner or unsure about how to start the conversation
5. Who are your influencers and inspirers?
This is a tough question for me to answer as the list is long. I am deeply inspired by every single client I have ever worked with over the years because it takes courage and an open mind and heart to admit that you need support. I deeply appreciate the work of Katie and Gay Hendricks, Louise Hay, Jim Kwik, Marshall Rosenberg, Peter Levine, Drs. John and Julie Gottman, Pema Chödrön, and so many more.
6. Tell us something unique about your biz and why we should tell everyone we know to contact you. I train people to communicate in a way that does not just resolve one conflict or argument, but becomes a long lasting form of high level communication that is integrated and can improve all the relationships in their life. I use a holistic approach that involves the mind, body, and energy in the participation of the relationship.
ERC© does not aim to blame or shame, nor does it focus on fault, but rather empowers both individuals in their ability to clearly communicate and connect. In addition, this high level of intentional communication is not just something you do. It actually becomes a way of life that creates a powerful ripple effect and impacts the world at large. This is my mission.
7. Do you have any words of wisdom you have for others starting in your field or otherwise just starting business?
Know that you are on a lifelong journey that is full of lessons, challenges, celebrations, and surprises. With each step along the way, ensure that you continue to practice self-care to help you in your support of others.
8. Where will life take you when COVID restrictions are eased?
Our family looks forward to traveling more and visiting with friends and family who live farther away. I also look forward to offering in-person trainings and events.
9. Tell us how you spend some of your personal time:
It's important for me to nurture my "flow state" and restore my energy. I do this by designing jewelry, making crafts, wood working, being out in nature, and spending quality time with my daughter and husband.
“The results were extraordinary with Tisha. I feel more grounded and confident in my various roles and relationships. I have a sense of overall well being, and I find myself smiling and laughing more often.”
Founder, The Shed Panama
“Tisha helped me to improve my interpersonal relationships and I’m deeply grateful for all her support and guidance.”
Gimena De Alba
Personal Style Coach & Manager, Cartier
"Tisha knows how to dig deep and get to the root of what’s really going on so you can release any negative thoughts, feelings and emotions. She has helped me release blocks and behavioral patterns so I can create space for bigger and better things in my life.”
Author, "Fix Your Period"
Contact Tisha Lin:
Website + Contact: https://tishalin.com
Disclaimer: PinPoint Networking performs interviews with small business owners and/or representatives for the purposes of story telling and small business promotion. The people featured in the interviews are just that, people. They, themselves, are not the company, or product, or service that they may represent. The mention of certain companies, products, or services have met our criteria of inclusion (ie product/service legality, photo credits, & interview criteria). The information in this blog should not be construed as medical, mental, or other health advice. Please seek proper medical consultations for personal health, mental, and medical issues. This blog may contain paid content or affiliate marketing. The interviewee maintains that they are meeting the standards of advertising allowed by the company that they are representing. Links contained in this blog were functional and current as of the writing and publication of this blog, but not guaranteed beyond publication time. Use of this blog and website are outlined in our Terms and Privacy section.